Wednesday 6 April 2011

Task #12 Flickr

fish-tree Einstein quote by G.Chris Clark

I have come across Flickr numerous times in my web search but this is the first time that I have taken the time to set up an account and really explore what it has to offer.  I haven't uploaded any pictures of my own as yet as the only ones I could find all had people in them.  This is clearly one of those sites that I could see myself easily losing myself in - I am constantly amazed by how talented and creative people can be given the opportunity to express themselves.  Flickr is clearly a platform through which the 'artist' is us all can express themselves to a world-wide audience. 

I can see some myself using some of these amazing photos in the classroom as stimulus for both class discussion and demand-writing activities.  Not to mention the possibilities for personal contemplation, creative springboards for art, debate...the list could go on! 

Nice to find myself inspired by the creative genius of others again!

Like Flickr, I had encountered Fotolia, Slide and Dumpr (a somewhat unfortunate yet catchy name) but have not gone into the finer point of their offerings.  I guess just another couple of additions to my growing 'Future Explorations' list!  If there is a downside of this course I guess that is it.  The more you find out about Web 2.0 offerings, the more you realise just how much is out there.  Ignorance sure was BLISS and certainly less time consuming!  Just as well I am enjoying myself! 

Or, as is quickly becoming a tradition within my blog entries, as my good friend Albert would say...

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death."

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo (and quote) :) Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you are saying - agreed about the time it takes to find out more and follow the next link,then the next and it keeps on going! Holidays are now FULL!

    ReplyDelete